A Shareholders Agreement allows you to clarify the relationship between shareholders of your company or the unitholders of your trust.
Our online legal documents provide you with commercially sound and compliant legal documents suitable for small businesses operating here in Australia.Using the latest legal technology from our partners at Smart Drafter, complete our fast and easy online forms in as little as 5 minutes. Our online forms map the decision making of specialist human lawyers into an Expert Interview™, only asking relevant questions while giving expert advice and guidance.
A Shareholders/Unitholder Agreement will help you govern the relationship between shareholders of your company.
Although you and your partners are on good terms now, sometimes running a company will put a strain on that relationship. A Shareholders Agreement helps protect your interests in these situations. If disagreements arise, it can be very helpful to have a clear idea of what the parties agreed to before the dispute, or before something changes one shareholder's ability to continue working in the company.
Use this Shareholder/Unitholder Agreement if:
- You would like to lay down the rules between the shareholders of your company.
What does the Shareholders/Unitholders Agreement cover?
- A shareholders’ deed (for a company) or unitholders’ deed (for a unit trust)
- Governs all securities, not just shares/units
- Includes pre-emption rights on transfers and new issues of securities
- Easily add sophisticated terms like tag-along and/or drag-along rights
- Effortlessly handle other provisions like further funding obligations, non-compete, etc
- Full control over reserved matters and approval mechanics
- This Shareholders Agreement does not contain vesting provisions for each of the shareholders.
Other names for Shareholders/Unitholders Agreement include:
- Founder's Agreement; and
- Shareholders Contract.
From the Knowledge Base
Established in 1976, ABN Australia has helped more than 100,000 businesses choose and establish their preferred business structure here in Australia. Our longevity is a testament to the high level of customer service we provide, and the wealth of experience we bring to the table.