Registering a company name does not protect you against third party claims for trade mark infringement.
To ensure your proposed company name doesn't infringe on an existing registered trade mark, and to protect your company name from being used without your permission in the future, you should search IP Australia’s trademark register, and consider registering a trademark through ABNAustralia.com.au.
What is a trademark?
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Checklist for Registering a Company
- Company Name Availability
- How to Protect Your Company Name (trademarks)
- Special Purpose Companies
- Charitable organisations
- Pre-registration: Reserving a company name
- Pre-registration: Thinking about the Structure
- Registering the Company
- Post-registration: Notifying ASIC of changes to the Company