Facebook Icon briefcase Icon Document Icon Owl Icon Rocket LinkedIn Mail Twitter WhatsApp

What changes to the Company do I need notify ASIC about?

Either a director of the Company or the secretary of the Company must notify ASIC (by lodging an ASIC form 484) if any of the following occurs:

  1. Change of a company's registered office or principal place of business address;
  2. Change of name of officeholder or proprietary company members;
  3. Change of ultimate holding company details;
  4. Cease an officeholder;
  5. Appoint an officeholder;
  6. Change to special purpose company status;
  7. Issue of shares;
  8. Cancellation of shares;
  9. Transfer of shares; or
  10. Changes to amounts paid on shares.

Charge on company property (for example to secure a loan) must be notified to ASIC within 45 days from the creation of the charge.

Change of company name must be notified to ASIC within 14 days after the resolution was passed.

Division or conversion of shares must be notified to ASIC within 14 days from the date of change.

Reduction in share capital must be notified to ASIC before the notice of meeting for the reduction in share capital (at least 22 days before the members' meeting).

Share buy back must be notified to ASIC:

  • If buy back is conditional on a resolution being passed, then a form 281 must be lodged at least 14 days before the resolution is passed.
  • If buy back is not conditional on a resolution being passed and a Form 281 is required, then a form 281 must be lodged at least 14 days before agreement is entered into.

Recent News & Articles

What is a Trust? Definitions and Overvie…

This article provides an introductory guide to trusts in Australia - what are they and what different types of trusts are commonly used. Read on...

Read article

Selling on Amazon AU: GST considerations…

With the recent launch of Amazon Australia, many overseas merchants are wondering how the GST system works for imports and sales of low-value goods to Australian consumers through the Amazon...

Read article

SA Land Tax Reform Package Enacted

The South Australian Land Tax (Miscellaneous) Amendment Act 2019 has now been enacted and includes a package of reforms developed by the State Government. Read on...

Read article