Our experience in managing the needs of international business and acting in the capacity of resident director for Australian subsidiaries of overseas entities is second to none.
Foreign Company Services (Australian Company Establishment)
Securing your business in Australia can be a daunting task, and we are here to support you with your business decisions by providing you with the guidance needed to get it right the first time. For any overseas company looking to establish an Australian subsidiary, we can provide a range of business registration and support services to meet your needs. Simply enquire now and we will get in touch.
- Incorporation of a proprietary limited company with the Australian Securities Investment Commission (ASIC).
- Pre-registered shelf company options available
- Assistance with the establishment of a business banking account
- Application for an Australian Business Number (ABN) with the Australian Business Register (ABR) – required in order to conduct business in Australia.
- Registration of your company for Goods and Services Tax (GST) with the Australian Tax Office (ATO)
- Provision of a Registered Office Address in Australia
- Provision of a Business Address Facility (Virtual Office) in Australia
- Resident Director (Nominee) Services as required by corporations law
- Ability to act as foreign agent for foreign registered companies
- Financial and management accounting, bookkeeping, and CFO services
- General business support as required
- Company compliance and ASIC annual review service
- Related corporate secretarial services
Established in 1976, ABN Australia has helped more than 100,000 businesses choose and establish their preferred business structure here in Australia. Our fees are incredibly affordable and we are able to scale our services to meet your individual needs.
Please click here to see our current price fees for foreign company services.
From the Knowledge Base
What is the local resident director requirement?
For all private companies registered in Australia, ASIC (Australian Securities and Investments Commission) requires that a local Australian resident be appointed as a director of the company at all times. This regulation is designed to help ensure that the company remains compliant with its regulatory obligations.
The director residency rule can be a major hurdle for overseas businesses wishing to establish a subsidiary or other business presence in Australia. ABNAustralia.com.au has designed a cost-effective and seamless solution, referred to as a ‘Nominee Director’. Refer to the Corporations Act, ASIC and the ATO (Australian Taxation Office) for more information on the applicable regulations and requirements.
What is a proprietary limited company?
Under Australian law, a proprietary limited company (abbreviated as 'Pty Ltd') is a business structure that has at least one shareholder and no more than 50 non-employee shareholders, where the liability of shareholders is limited to the value of shares. The company must have at least one director who is resident in Australia, and there are restrictions on the company’s ability to raise funding from the public. Proprietary limited companies are the most common type of company registered in Australia.
Pre-registration: thinking about the structure
You can read through our knowledge centre to find out more about some of the issues you need to consider when registering a 'proprietary limited' company. Our knowledge centre, whilst not exchaustive, summarises some of the key requirements and processes for registering and running a company, and flags some important obligations for officeholders.