Our experience in managing the needs of international business is second to none.
You may wish to seek assistance with all or any of the following services in order to sucessfully establish a private company in Australia:
Choosing Your Business Structure
- Advice on common business and legal structures in Australia
- Advice for for e-commerce, amazon.com.au, ebay.com.au, and online retailers.
- Incorporation of a with the Australian Securities Investment Commission (ASIC).
- Resident Director (Nominee) Services as required by corporations law
- Pre-registered shelf company options available
- Ability to act as foreign agent for foreign registered companies
Business Registration Services
- Application for an with the Australian Business Register (ABR) – required in order to conduct business in Australia.
- Registration of your company for with the Australian Tax Office (ATO)
- Trademark registration
- Domain Name registration
Business Support Services
- Assistance with the establishment of a business banking account
- Company compliance and ASIC annual review service
- Provision of a Registered Office Address in Australia
- Provision of a Business Address Facility (Virtual Office) in Australia
- General business support as required
- Related corporate secretarial services
Accounting Support Services
- Bookkeeping services
- Payroll services
- Management Accounting services
- CFO services (provided by a fully qualified and experienced chartered accountant with international experience)
Legal & Migration
- We have close relationships with a number of local migration agents and commercial law firms, to help clients find support for their more complex legal concerns. For an overview of Business Visa requirements for those customers wanting to do business and live in Australia read here.
ABN Australia has significant experience in managing the needs of international businesses looking to establish or enquire about setting up business in Australia - ranging from large international listed businesses right through to smaller enterprises looking to set up a regional sales or administrative office.
We have been serving as business registration specialists for over 40 years, and have now helped more than 100,000 Australian’s and overseas businesses establish their business in compliance with local regulations and procedures. Most importantly, we actually love working with clients from around the world, and finding out about their stories and experiences!
Our fees are incredibly affordable and we are able to scale our services to meet your individual needs. Please get in touch to discuss our services. You can contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org, call us on +61 1300 226 226, or use the enquire now form up above.Enquire now
From the Knowledge Base
What is the local resident director requirement?
For all private companies registered in Australia, ASIC (Australian Securities and Investments Commission) requires that a local Australian resident be appointed as a director of the company at all times. This regulation is designed to help ensure that the company remains compliant with its regulatory obligations.
The director residency rule can be a major hurdle for overseas businesses wishing to establish a subsidiary or other business presence in Australia. ABNAustralia.com.au has designed a cost-effective and seamless solution, referred to as a ‘Nominee Director’. Refer to the Corporations Act, ASIC and the ATO (Australian Taxation Office) for more information on the applicable regulations and requirements.
What is a proprietary limited company?
Under Australian law, a proprietary limited company (abbreviated as 'Pty Ltd') is a business structure that has at least one shareholder and no more than 50 non-employee shareholders, where the liability of shareholders is limited to the value of shares. The company must have at least one director who is resident in Australia, and there are restrictions on the company’s ability to raise funding from the public. Proprietary limited companies are the most common type of company registered in Australia.
Preparing to register a companyThe majority of registered companies are proprietary companies. There are a few decisions to make before you register this type of company, including:
- Choose a company name
- Decide on the state/territory of registration
- Choose registered and business addresses
- Is there an ultimate holding company?
- Choose company officeholders
- Decide on the share structure
- Choose the shareholders
Find out more information about registering a company in Australia
You can read through our knowledge centre to find out more about some of the issues you need to consider when registering a 'proprietary limited' company. Our knowledge centre summarises some of the key requirements and processes for registering and running a company, and flags some important obligations for officeholders.
Alternatively, simply get in touch and our expert team will walk you through the process from start to finish.