Local Agent (Branch) Services
Appoint a 'Local Agent' for your registered foreign company
Our experience in managing the needs of international business and acting in the capacity of Local Agent for foreign companies registered with ASIC is second to none.
For any overseas company looking to register as a foreign company with ASIC, they will be required to appoint at least one Local Agent who must be resident in Australia. The local agent of a registered foreign company is responsible for any obligations the company must meet with ASIC and should typically be fulfilled by a professional familiar with the requirements.
We can also provide a comprehensive range of related services including company (branch) registration, tax registrations, registered office address, company compliance, tax and accounting services tailored to your specific requirements and business objectives. We pride ourselves on making things efficient, affordable and easy to understand and we look forward to supporting your business in any way we can.
Order Forms and Information Guides
We recommend getting in touch with us in the first instance to discuss your requirements. We can then provide an overview of our services and our schedule of fees for you to consider. You can contact us on email@example.com or by using the enquiry button here below.
- Enquire Today
- Local Agent Order Form (PDF)
- Branch Registration Guide (PDF)
- ABN Australia Company Profile (PDF)
Our agents are experienced governance professionals
Any company registered as a foreign company with ASIC must appoint a Local Agent who lives in Australia. As such a foreign company will often require the services of a resident person or company willing to take up the position of Local Agent. Given the responsibilities and fiduciary risks of being a Local Agent in Australia, that person should be experienced in meeting corporate governance and other business registration requirements.
- Comply with the Australian Corporations Act 2001 – which requires every company registered with ASIC as a foreign company to appoint, at all times, a Local Agent (individual or company) who ordinarily resides in Australia. Our Local Agent service will keep you compliant at all times in terms of this residency requirement.
- Suitable name to represent your business – our firm comprises seasoned compliance and accounting professionals who understand the needs of international businesses. Our Local Agent service helps to add credibility to your business, whilst providing governance support to keep you compliant in Australia. We live and breathe compliance, tax and accounting every day and we take a commercial approach to how we deliver our services.
- Ensure Business Continuity – it can be tempting to appoint a local employee or local friend for your company registration in Australia in order to meet the residency requirements. However, in our experience, employees or family members will resign at short notice for various reasons leaving the company scrambling to find a replacement local agent. In addition, these persons often don't fully understand the responsibilities and risks of being a Local Agent in Australia. Further, you yourself may not be comfortable with these persons have such authorisations and access to records of your company that a Local Agent normally requires. As such using the services of an independent professional firm ensures business continuity and eliminates conflicts of interest.
- Cost-effective solution – for businesses that are expanding into, or starting a new venture in Australia, it is particularly important to keep expenses to a minimum while you establish your brand and grow your client base. Appointing a professional Local Agent to your company will greatly help you to keep your overheads low and will ensure you retain effective managerial control of your business. Our fees are fixed and affordable, and we do not charge you for minor compliance or administrative support connected with being a local agent of your company (such as bank account support).
Our team comprises seasoned professionals with the following qualifications and credentials:
- Registered Tax Agents
- Registered ASIC Agents
- Chartered Accountants
- Certified Practicing Accountants
- Institute of Public Accountants
- Australian Institute of Company Directors
- Governance Institute of Australia
- Xero Certified Practice
- National Tax and Accountants' Association
- Serving Clients Since 1976