We're the company registration experts - with us it's easy, affordable and done right.
Complete our online forms in less than 10 minutes.
Proprietary Limited Company Formation | $598.00
- Complete our online company registration form in less than 10 minutes.
- Your newly established company documents are delivered directly to your inbox within one business day.
- Support via chat, phone or email from our experienced and friendly team.
- Trusted by the professionals - used by over 250 accounting and legal firms across Australia.
- Your first company registration is free under our introductory offer for accounting firms.
Starting a company is a big deal - something you or your client might only do once in your life. Don't risk getting it wrong elsewhere - put your trust in the industry professionals.
- Our online order forms make setting up a proprietary limited company in Australia fast and easy (less than 15 minutes).
- Our company constitution is highly effective across a range of business and commercial purposes and is 'financial institution friendly'.
- Our company constitution provides for flexible share options - see share class matrix table here .
- Our highly experienced team manually reviews every submission to ensure information is free from error and ASIC friendly - saving you headaches and costs down the line.
- As ASIC registered agents, we perform same-day registration of your company with ASIC, and include as standard electronic delivery of all your company documentation.
- We pride ourselves on great and informed customer service, and our professional team is available to discuss any question or client issue you may have.
- Prices quoted above include GST and the $479 ASIC fee.
- Impress your clients with full-service printing, binding and delivery for $99.00 (GST inclusive).
- Need to apply for an ABN? Use the same online form to register your enter for an ABN.
From the Knowledge Base
What is a proprietary limited company?Proprietary limited companies are the most common type of company registered in Australia.
Under Australian law, a proprietary limited company (abbreviated as 'Pty Ltd') is a business structure that has at least one shareholder and no more than 50 non-employee shareholders, where the liability of shareholders is limited to the balance amount (if any) which remains unpaid on the shares held by its members. The company must have at least one director who is resident in Australia, and there are restrictions on the company’s ability to raise funding from the public.
Who can register a company?
Almost anyone can register a company in Australia. The only requirements are that company directors are at least 18, at least one director resides in Australia, and the company has a physical registered office with an Australian address (i.e. no PO Box). There may be other restrictions if a person has been banned or disqualified by ASIC.
How much does registration cost?
We offer company registration starting from $598 (including GST and the $479 government fee). Work for an accounting firm? Your first company registration is free under our introductory offer for accounting firms.
Pre-registration: Thinking about the structure
You can read through our knowledge centre to find out more about some of the issues you need to consider when registering a 'proprietary limited' company. Our knowledge centre summarises some of the key requirements and processes for registering and running a company, and flags some important obligations for officeholders.
Established in 1976, ABN Australia has helped more than 100,000 businesses choose and establish their preferred business structure here in Australia. Our longevity is a testament to the high level of customer service we provide, and the wealth of experience we bring to the table.