Register your Company online for $598, delivered straight to your inbox.
We're the company registration experts - with us it's easy, affordable and done right. Complete our online forms in less than 10 minutes.
Official ASIC Registered Agents
- 5-10 minutes to complete online application
- ACN + company documents delivered within 1 business day
- Legal documents drafted by commercial lawyers
- Professional support via chat, phone or email
- Trusted by over 250 professional accounting firms across Australia
- 5 STAR customer reviews
- Get your first company registration for just $479 (saving $119) under our Introductory Offer.
Starting a company is a big deal - something you or your client might only do once in your life. Don't risk getting it wrong elsewhere - put your trust in the industry professionals.
- Our online order forms make setting up a proprietary limited company in Australia fast and easy.
- Our company constitution is highly effective across a range of business and commercial purposes and is 'financial institution friendly'.
- Our company constitution provides for flexible share options - see share class matrix table here .
- Our highly experienced team manually reviews every submission to ensure information is free from error and ASIC friendly - saving you headaches and costs down the line.
- As ASIC registered agents, we perform same-day registration of your company with ASIC, and include as standard electronic delivery of all your company documentation.
- We pride ourselves on great and informed customer service, and our professional team is available to discuss any question or client issue you may have.
- Prices quoted above include GST and the $479 ASIC fee.
- Impress your stakeholders with full-service printing, binding and delivery for $99.00 (GST inclusive).
- Need to apply for an ABN? Use the same online form to register your company for an ABN.
From the Knowledge Base
What is a proprietary limited company?Proprietary limited companies are the most common type of company registered in Australia.
Under Australian law, a proprietary limited company (abbreviated as 'Pty Ltd') is a business structure that has at least one shareholder and no more than 50 non-employee shareholders, where the liability of shareholders is limited to the balance amount (if any) which remains unpaid on the shares held by its members. The company must have at least one director who is resident in Australia, and there are restrictions on the company’s ability to raise funding from the public.
Who can register a company?
Almost anyone can register a company in Australia. The only requirements are that company directors are at least 18, at least one director resides in Australia, and the company has a physical registered office with an Australian address (i.e. no PO Box). There may be other restrictions if a person has been banned or disqualified by ASIC.
How much does registration cost?
We offer company registration starting from $598 (including GST and the $479 government fee). Work for an accounting firm? Your first company registration is $479 under our introductory offer for accounting firms.
What methods can I use to order a document or company registration?We encourage customers to use our online forms where possible. However, some clients prefer to order directly via email, using our pdf order forms, or even over the phone. Please contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org or call 1300 226 226 to discuss your needs.
How do you pay for the documents?
We offer a flexible range of payment options, including via credit card and bank transfer. Credit cards accepted include Visa and Mastercard. All orders received will be sent a Tax Invoice.
How are the documents delivered to me?
We include as standard electronic delivery of your documents in PDF format. For an additional cost, we also offer clients the choice to have their documents printed, bound, and delivered to their door using a premium leather-feel document folder which is sure to make a strong impression on your end clients. Simply select this option when placing your order.
What file formats does ABNAustralia.com.au send the documents in?
We send you the documents in a print-ready Portable Document Format file, otherwise known as a 'pdf' file. To open and print the document, you'll need Adobe Acrobat, or an equivalent PDF reader.
What do you do if ASIC rejects your application to register a company?
If ASIC rejects your application to register a company, then it's easy enough to fix things and it is free — there is no charge from us, and no charge from ASIC. Below, we have set out some common reasons about why ASIC might reject your application to register a company.
Address related issues
ASIC accepts only property addresses that Australia Post accepts as postal addresses. ASIC will reject an address that is missing a unit number, suite number or floor level (if that information is needed for proper delivery), that includes ‘Corner of’, or that is a PO Box.
Name is rejected
ASIC will reject a name if it is inappropriate, or already taken — or is similar to a name already taken.
Information is missing or inaccurate
Generally these messages indicate that a answer has been left blank somewhere, or has inaccurate information.
Preparing to register a companyThe majority of registered companies are proprietary companies. There are a few decisions to make before you register this type of company, including:
- Choose a company name
- Decide on the state/territory of registration
- Choose registered and business addresses
- Is there an ultimate holding company?
- Choose company officeholders
- Decide on the share structure
- Choose the shareholders
Find out more information about registering a company in Australia
You can read through our knowledge centre to find out more about some of the issues you need to consider when registering a 'proprietary limited' company. Our knowledge centre summarises some of the key requirements and processes for registering and running a company, and flags some important obligations for officeholders.
Established in 1976, ABN Australia has helped more than 100,000 businesses choose and establish their preferred business structure here in Australia. Our longevity is a testament to the high level of customer service we provide, and the wealth of experience we bring to the table.