Reserve your company name today by lodging your Form 410 directly through abnaustralia.com.au.
- Our online order forms make reserving a company name in Australia convenient and easy.
- The company name is reserved for 2 months. This stops anyone but you registering a company with that name until the reservation expires.
- If you are still not ready, you can extend the reservation for a further 2 months as long as your current one hasn't expired.
- Our highly experienced team manually reviews every submission to ensure information is free from error and ASIC friendly - saving you headaches and costs down the line.
- As ASIC registered agents, we perform same-day reservation of your name with ASIC, and include as standard electronic delivery of the ASIC letter showing the company name is reserved.
- We pride ourselves on great and informed customer service, and our professional team is available to discuss any question or client issue you may have
- Prices quoted above include GST and the $49.00 ASIC Fee.
From the Knowledge Base
When would I reserve a company name?
If you have a particular name in mind, and it's available, then you may want to secure this name before registering the company (particularly if there may be some delay before the company is registered).
How do I check if a name is available?You can check the National Names Index to see if that name is already taken. This is a free company name search available on the ASIC website here. Alternatively, you can check if the name is available when completing our online form, which links directly into ASIC's servers.
What are the rules on names I can reserve?ASIC will reserve a name only if it is available. A name is available unless the name is:
- identical to a name that is reserved or registered under the Corporations Act for another body; or
- identical to a name that is included on the national business names register in respect of another individual or body who is not the person applying to have the name; or
- unacceptable for registration under the regulations - for example, if it is restricted (like "ANZAC") or inappropriate.
Although a name may be available, a company or a person with a similar name may bring a claim of unfair competition or 'passing off' against your company. You should seek advice as to how to protect against this possibility.
How do I reserve a company name?You will need to lodge an ASIC form 410 with ASIC. ABNAustralia.com.au offers a product to reserve a company name, just select this service option from the main menu.
How long does it last?The initial reservation period is 2 months. Each subsequent renewal is also for 2 months. However, ASIC advises that only under exceptional circumstances will more than two extensions be granted.
Established in 1976, ABN Australia has helped more than 100,000 businesses choose and establish their preferred business structure here in Australia. Our longevity is a testament to the high level of customer service we provide, and the wealth of experience we bring to the table.