Our business registration service is aimed towards accounting, legal, and professional firms who wish to streamline the registration of their client's business name(s) with ASIC, and who appreciate the value of old-fashioned and informed customer service.
Business Name Registration | $145.00
You need to register a business name if you conduct business under a name other than your own. ABNAustralia.com.au can assist you in successfully registering your business name with ASIC. We ensure our experienced staff manually review every submission to ensure information submitted is accurate, error-free, and ASIC friendly.
- Our online order forms make registering a business name in Australia convenient and easy. You can choose to register your business name for eithe one year or three years.
- We can assist you in getting a registered business name, an ABN, and a Domain Name all in the one process if required.
- You can register whatever business name you want — as long as that name is allowed and available in Australia.
- The registration of business names in Australia is managed by the Australian Securities & Investments Commission (ASIC), and secures automatic registration across all State and Territory jurisdictions.
- Our highly experienced team manually reviews every submission to ensure information is free from error and ASIC friendly - saving you headaches and costs down the line.
- As ASIC registered agents, we perform same-day registration of your name with ASIC, and include as standard electronic delivery of the ASIC letter showing the business name is registered.
- We pride ourselves on great and informed customer service, and our professional team is available to discuss any question or client issue you may have.
From the Knowledge Base
What is a business name?
A business name is a name or title under which a person or entity carries on business. It identifies the business to customers and differentiates a business from its competitors. Generally, you must register a business name if you carry on business in Australia and you are not trading under your entity name.
Do I need to register a business name?
Generally, you must register a business name if you carry on business in Australia and you are not trading under your entity name.
There are some exemptions from registering a business name. You do not need to register a business name if:
- the person carrying on business is an individual and the business name is the individual's first name and surname;
- the entity carrying on business is a registered company and the business name is the company's name; or
- the business is a partnership and the business name is all of the partners' names.
Established in 1976, ABN Australia has helped more than 100,000 businesses choose and establish their preferred business structure here in Australia. Our longevity is a testament to the high level of customer service we provide, and the wealth of experience we bring to the table.